Saturday, September 18, 2010

4ish Miles

My schedule didn't allow me to run yesterday and strangely enough, I really missed it. It's become a part of my routine, a part of my lifestyle and being the routine-oriented person I am, if its not in that daily schedule I feel a bit out of whack.

So when I took off this morning bright and early I could feel the blood pumping through my veins excitedly. Had Hillsong in spanish playing in my iShuffle and set my watch to go.

I did repeats today. Never knew what those were until I started training for this thing. But I jogged for about 10 minutes then I ran a mile as fast as I could. Then jogged another 10 minutes then ran a mile as fast as I could. Then jogged home. I did my mile times at the Leon Jimenez park just so I could keep track of them better. My first mile was 7:45 and my second mile was 7:05. Not bad for an (almost) 29-year old mother of two! Finished 4.1 miles in 43:10.


Check out my run today! I ran from our house to the park, did my repeats at the marker "Centro Leon," then from the park back to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment