Tuesday, September 14, 2010

4.7 Miles Down

Today I ran 4.77 Miles...I think this may be the farthest I've ever purposefully run in my life! I finished in 50:00. A little over a 10:00 mile. Seems kinda slow to me but I keep trying to remind myself that I'm a mom of two now, not an in-shape soccer player from 10 years ago. I hope to get my time down over the next few weeks of training, though.

With about a mile to go, I wanted to quit. I don't even think my body was as tired as my mind was. But just as I was talking myself into stopping and walking, these words came through my headphones:

"I trust in you. I trust in you.
I believe You're my Healer.
I believe You are all I need.
I believe You're my portion.
I believe You're more than enough for me.
Jesus You're all I need."

And then, the words I needed to hear right then:

"Nothing is impossible for you.
Nothing is impossible.
Nothing is impossible for you.
You hold my world in your hands."

How cool is it, that even doing something like running, God knew that I needed Him right then to spur me on? Because I'm not running this race to get in shape. I'm not running this race to dig up some old competitive feelings I used to have in the old days. I'm not running this race to prove to anyone that I've still got it. I'm running this race for Minino, and Simon, and Yajaira, and Wilson and all the kids in the Hole. And all the pastors and Christian workers I've grown to love and respect here.

God knows there's a different purpose...and quite frankly, He's got my back on this one.



i ran this loop today, twice.

MMF PARTNER TOOL -

No comments:

Post a Comment