Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3.5 Miles

Welp. This has been my hardest run so far. I think I'm still very sore from the almost five mile run yesterday and I didn't properly stretch after my last run...but today, for all intensive purposes, sucked.

I think I was ready to quit after about five minutes of running. I ran a very slow pace. 3.5 Miles in 35:15. Although I reached my goal of doing a 10:00 mile, I felt like my whole body was ready to give out on me. The other days I would start naming off the kids in The Hole to help motivate me but today I couldn't even do that. Yesterday God used a song to motivate me but when Jay Z came through my headphones it didn't light my behind on fire. But...I didn't stop running. And I'm going to cling to that. If I keep the purpose of my runs at the forefront and keep all the other things I am NOT running for behind me (i.e. weight loss, competitiveness, etc.) then all that matters is that I run the 13 miles and that I cross the finish line on November 13th.


Switched up the route a little today.

No comments:

Post a Comment